Tuesday 17 January 2017

Reflection: Day 1



*Still getting used to Mezirow's work.

Content Reflection: Day 1 introduced us to the practice of Participlanning (participatory planning), which I am eager to experiment with in my teaching. This might be an interesting way to co-design an open syllabus with one of my classes. (Note to self: check for scaling.) Starting up a(nother) blog is exciting!

Process Reflection: Actively participating in the class really does add a lot of value to my experience thereof. Staying on task is a lot easier when the motivation to do so is both intrinsic (my own identity work) and extrinsic (course outcomes as well as dissertation and module requirements).

Critical Reflection: Consciously looking for angles and intersections that could improve my own work, projects and scholarship helps keep me critically engaged. Bringing my preparation work (for the teaching year ahead) into the #sudigitalscholar course seems to be a "good risk" to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment